
I gassed-up my van and set my alarm for 3:30...........I really did do this!!! It wasn’t to retrieve a temporary box but, to beat the heat of the day. I had 31 clues in my hand, two of which I planned to find on the way home after a week at Joni and Friends Camp. I met Lucy Locket in Nacogdoches and headed for Southeast Texas. We were excited as we were headed for Coldspring where we were finally going to be able to get the Lone Star Quilter and Boots Texas boxes. We have been tempted many times just to skip work and drive down to get these, but alas, we decided we better wait until we could go with a clear conscience :)
We were at Double Lake and the Lone Star Trail by 7:30. Lucy had stamped-in several of the boxes I planned to find so, she patiently waited while I added my Blue Butterfly to the log books. Princess Aurora has a lovely little butterfly tucked away at Double Lake that I was very happy to add to my collection. Double Lake is a great place to take your family and the boxing there is awesome! It was quiet and peaceful when we were there. There was a Grandpa and Grandson fishing, and they were kind enough to let me take some pictures of them. While talking to them, the little boy caught a fish and proudly displayed it for me! Hopefully, I will get back there with Stinky Monkey and Roarin’ Lion. They would love it!!
Leaving Double Lake, we headed back the Lone Star Trail and Coldspring. In Coldspring, we had lunch and headed for the Old Jail. Be sure to take a tour of the jail while you are there. The curator is very friendly and eager to share her knowledge with you. Lucy Locket found the two boxes while I was a decoy by taking pictures. The Courthouse Steps is a neat stamp also. We headed back to the Lone Star Trail collect some more stamps. Lone Star Quilter and Boots Tex have quiet a family of carvers. By the end of the day we were at the End of the Trail exhausted and awed by the stamp in this box. It was getting late in the evening by this time and I had stamped in 14 boxes. Ready for a cool shower and a bed, we left the trail and headed for The Woodlands where we would begin boxing the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment