Saturday arrived, and I was anxious to get to Memorial Park. I wanted to stamp in a few more boxes before we gathered to exchange and give answers to PT’s. We arrived early enough to find these boxes:
Cola Wars (3)
The Wicked Witch of the East
I normally will walk away from where I actually find a box, so if someone comes by, I’m not near the hiding place. I was glad I did this Saturday morning as PSGuru was taking pictures behind me, along came a hiker. She was talking on her cell. Suddenly she stopped and was waiting like she was waiting on someone. She spotted me in the edge of the woods and asked me if I was taking soil samples. Hhhmmmm never been asked that one before. I told her I was “coloring”!?!?! coloring? I was caught off guard and that’s all I could come up with. PsGuru had a BIG laugh out of that one!! (in my defense, I WAS coloring a stamp) She was waiting on her small dog to catch up with her. His name was Bandit and as soon as he spotted me sitting on the ground he came over and gave me a very nice hello and went on his way. (after saying hello to Psguru too)
These four boxes were easy finds which I was glad because it was time to make my way to the picnic area where the event was about to take place. We found the “green balloons”, pumpkins, familiar faces and fun all in one place. PSguru got his chair and a photo magazine and settled in for the duration. I got to meet a lot of new boxers and enjoyed their stories stamps they brought along. Thanks to Dewberry, Mother of Five and Sandibox (plus others who sent boxes) we had a great time. There is a lot of work that goes into an event, and my hat is off to those who take the time to put these together! We had to leave early, (we missed the rain) and get back home. I think PSGuru is even ready for another adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment