With clues in hand, I headed to the trail. It was so peaceful and quiet. The sun was streaming through the trees and was just the perfect day to be on the trail.
I hiked to the placement of the first box, trying to find the location. I searched for at least 30 to 40 minuets to no avail. I decided I had the right place just could not find the location of the box. I moved on down the trail to stamp in the other four boxes. I took my time just enjoying the day and the beauty of the outdoors. I was the only one on the trail, I was listening to the birds and rustling in the bushes knowing there were animals out and about enjoying the cool fresh morning also. I was on the trail about 2.5 hours. I did not intend to stay that long, but It was so nice and I took the wrong trail at one point which caused me time also, which was alright as I was not in a big hurry.
After finding my way back to the entrance, I took a few minuets to determine which direction to go next. I always print out more clues than I will have time for so, I decided to head north to Jacksonville to stamp in a box between Rusk and Jacksonville. I found the location of the box at the Cherokee County Airport, but there was too much activity there for me to feel good about getting the box. That one will have to wait for another day.
My goal was to box in Rusk, Jacksonville, Athens and Brownsboro. Monarchtrailer has placed several boxes that I have wanted to find. In Athens, I found :
TVCC Cardinal
We Remember
Hornets Hive
I tried for “Scuba Dude” but, again, I did not feel safe exposing the box. I will be back for that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment