Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cruisin' Down 59

Roadside Park at Moscow, Tx.



Last year, Lucy Locket had told me about an event in Huntsville , “Airing of the Quilts” . This event is held on the first Sat. & Sun in May. We worked out our schedules to be able to go down on Friday, so we could take in all the quilts and letterbox.
I was fortunate to be off on Friday, but LL had to make her way down after work. I decided to take a route where I could find a few treasures on the way there. I stopped in Lufkin to check on a box for LL which is probably missing, but I am hoping LL gets a chance to go look just to make sure to stamp in "FlASHBACK" at the rest stop. As you would expect, there were a lot of people taking a break, so I took my time finding the box. Once in my possession, I decided it was a good time to eat lunch, stamp in, and wait to put the box back. I cleaned up, and went back to the hiding place where I put the box back safely. Loved this craving!
By the time I left the rest area, it was after noon so I decided to alter my route . I was going to head to Livingston and pick up a couple of stamps there, but time was getting away from me. Changing the GPS destination and headed to Point Blank . Once I found this community, I made my way to the location of the box. There were a couple of guys working on one of the buildings here, so I wasn’t able to stamp in the box.
I left there and made my way to Dodge, to stamp in “Get the Heck Outta Dodge” by Boots Tex. The entrance to this cemetery is a little hard to see coming from the direction I was, even though I passed it, I was able to clearly see it on the way back. Nice stamp and location!
It was time to make my way to Huntsville to meet LL. I found the hotel room and settled in to wait for my favorite boxer. She made it just in time to eat dinner and make our plans for Saturday.

No comments: