Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Texas Rangers Hall of Fame


When I say Texas Rangers.....I am not talking about the baseball team. I am referring to the gallant men who served as lawmen in the state of Texas. They started out as surveyors with a side duty of lawman. They had very unique ways of doing both. They are a very respected group who, do justice like no other. I was awed and enlightened as I read about the duties and trials of those who were brave enough to wear the badge. Here in Waco, I found the Texas Ranger Microbox and The Don't Mess with Texas Box. Awesome stamps and great location. Across the street from the Hall of Fame, is The First Street Cemetery with unique tombstones and historical markers. There is lots to do in Waco. The Cameron Park and Zoo are great places to visit. Stretching across the Brazos River is a suspension bridge built in 1870.
I was also able to pick up the Lipsey Ranch stamp in the Texas Branding Iron Series. It was a great week-end for LB!! The weather was perfect. Now if I could only get the elusive Vivaldi's Winter Box.

No comments: