Saturday, September 29, 2007

Centenary College Shreveport, LA.



PsGuru and I decided to travel over to Shreveport, LA. today to have a look around the RED RIVER REVEL Arts and Crafts Festival. It's an annual event that goes all week and is a lot of fun. I was so glad to get back to Shreveport because, there are a lot of new boxes there and I was hoping to stamp in a few of them. Unfortunately, JB kokopelli's have already gone missing. The Boxalots have a series called Forward, Forward Centenary. It is located on the Centenary College Campus. Established in 1825, It is a beautiful campus! We arrived about 8:15 to a quiet campus. I started the series in the middle instead of the beginning because of where we parked AND a security officer saw me and asked if I needed help. He was very nice and gave me directions to the Jack London Statue. Much to my dismay, I could not find this box. Here is a letter explaining the situation to The Boxalots:


Hi Boxalots,
Well, I have a story for you that is really strange. I found Drama Majorie Lyons with no problem. I could not find Jack London or Centenary Swimming. I attempted Centenary Gents, but there was a baseball game about to start so, I walked away from that one.
Now, here's the strange story, I did the walk a little different than the clue said because, I got ask by a security officer if I needed help. I asked him where the Jack London statue was and he was very nice and gave me directions. I had already stamped in Drama ML and attempted Singing Ambassadors. When I found the statue, we (my husband and I) headed to the garden to find the box. It was no where to be found, AND the bushes had been trimmed back a lot! We searched and searched to no avail and headed to Centenary Swimming. Could not find this one, but by this time it was getting very busy around the campus. We headed over to the Shehee stadium, but tried one more time to locate C.S. My husband said "What about that box right there" I looked and there in a single small tree was a box!!! I grabbed it to see what it was and read "Jack London!” He was down close to Cenetary blvd.(Across Campus) Unbelievable! I was shocked. I stamped in and took him back to the garden. We loved going around this campus. We were early and it was quiet, still and cool.

PSuguru spotted the box in a tree totally out in the open! I told him he could no longer say he was "not a letterboxer!"
We loved the location of these boxes and took a lot of pictures. This the Gazebo.


Here is PSguru doing what he does best :)

We left the college and headed to Betty Virginia park to stamp in Jbanana's Boxes.

No comments: